Workshop date: 21-25 February 2012
Venue: Room 292, Level 2, Hotel Ashok
This is a technical workshop, made up of lectures and hands-on lab work. Open to technical staff who are now or soon will be building or operating a MPLS VPN network providing differentiated services.
Technical staff who are now or soon will be building or operating a wide area TCP/IP based Internet Service Provider (ISP), or metro service providers. Larger ISPs venturing into differentiated services will benefit.
It is assumed that the workshop participants know how to use a router command line interface, do basic router configuration and have a good working knowledge of IP routing in IGP (OSPF or ISIS) and BGP. The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax. Ability to troubleshoot simple IP network is desired.
NB: Participants are required to bring laptops
- Introduction to MPLS - Basic MPLS and LDP
- Basic MPLS L3VPN - MPLS L3 VPNs Basics
- Advanced MPLS L3VPN - Inter-AS MPLS VPNs & Internet Access in L3VPN deployments
- Traffic Engineering - functionality, tunnel models for bandwidth control and path protection
- L2 VPN's - Types and functionality for EoMPLS, AToM, VPLS, L2TPV3
- Troubleshooting MPLS - LDP, RIB, FIB, L3VPNs, L2VPNs
InstructorsSantanu Dasgupta, Cisco
Alastair Johnson, Alcatel-Lucent
Ram Krishna Pariyar, Subisu
Shivlu Jain, Cisco Systems
Workshop MaterialsDownload workshop materials for this workshop